Friday, October 5, 2012

Hiking Around Silver Lake

I love the mountains. I thought, when I moved to California in 2000, that I would fall in love with the ocean the same way that I love the mountains. But I didn’t. The ocean is lovely, and I enjoy it,

but it doesn’t fill my soul the way the mountains do.

 

184

161162179

 

I also love autumn.

The cooling air, the smell of falling leaves, the colors changing and the golden quality of the sunlight.

And nothing compares to the mountains in autumn.

 

157

 

So I dragged my family up to Silver Lake the day after we got back from a week in California to enjoy the autumnal bliss before it gets too darn cold to venture out any more this season.

 

160

 

It was quite cool, so Tommy got Josie running to warm her up. It doesn’t take much to get her running, and once she starts it takes a gang of wild horses to get her to stop. So most of the following photos will be of her seemingly running away from the camera. Or running to the next fascinating spot along the trail, depending on whether your glass is half full or half empty…

 

154

155156159168

 

And then there was Tre…have we mentioned he likes his sleep?

He did come with us, and I think he enjoyed it as much as we did, but perhaps for different reasons…

 

174175

 

Its always nice to find a new place to nap.

 

158165163166167183

No comments:

Post a Comment