Monday, November 8, 2010

Paper or Plastic?

Did you ever read the story Christina Katrina and the Box?


It's this great story about a girl and her friend who spend the whole summer turning a large packing box into various things with their imaginations - like a castle, a house, a race car, etc. I always loved the book when I was a kid, and I think I love it more now because it captures such a quintessential aspect of childhood: there are no limits on imagination.


Tom hung plastic over our windows the other day to help keep the heat in this winter. I decided to save the paper the plastic came in for Josie. She has always liked the sound of paper and she likes sitting on the waxie paper at the doctor's office and crinkling it with her legs and feet.


Sure enough, she loved this stuff, too. She played in it for almost an hour. She bundled herself in it, hid her toys in it and found them again, made little caves and burrows.


She was so cute and having so much fun Tommy and I had to get in on the action, too.


We rolled around in it, hid Josie in it and found her again, made caves and burrows...


Great Family Fun


I was hesitant to clean it up and throw it out. But, like Christina Katrina's mom, there comes a point when the fun is just too messy.


But oh so worth it!


So, if anyone's trying to come up with a Christmas idea for Josie...


She's pretty easy to please.

1 comment: