Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Girl…

(As we’re nearing Josie’s 2nd Birthday in less than a month, I figured it might be high time I blogged about her First B-Day Bash. )

 

My mom was generous enough to allow us to use her spacious back yard for Josie’s party. We decorated with the lanterns from our wedding, and set up some pools, sprinklers and a bounce house (that’s what my family calls it, not sure if that’s its marketed name or not) for the kids.

 

033

191

032035037

Most of the time was spent visiting and watching the kids play.

 

187192193

Josie opened her presents (which took a very long time – there were a lot of gifts!)

 

060063064070072078089

 

She was a very appreciative recipient – she tried to hug everything she opened.

 

102

 

Then we had cake and ice cream.

 

114122126

Josie was being so dainty about her cake eating, I’m afraid I got a little impatient…

 

130132135161170

Josie was not amused.

 

173174176177178179180

 

But she forgave me later.

 

182

 

All in all, I’d say the kid had a pretty awesome first birthday!

 

197198

No comments:

Post a Comment