Elaine and I are very excited about finishing Josie's room. Below are some pictures taking all of you through the process. There is one concern though. Mom showed us a Chinese "calendar" that is supposed to predict the gender of your child. Based on this mystical calendar, which you can pick up at your local Barnes and Nobel, we are supposed to have a boy. If that is the case, we will rename Josie to Jose.
Josie's room isn't the only thing that is changing or transforming. Elaine's feet and tummy are getting bigger. Viewer discretion is advised.

Elaine went and got her nails did. She wanted me to have something pretty to look at when I deliver Josie.

Utah is in a drought, Elaine seems to be retaining the whole state's water supply in her feet.

This was the room in October of '08 ( week after the wedding, to be precise; hence all the gifts)

Josie's room a few weeks ago as we started to prime the walls.

Elaine's friend Angie helped tape everything and get the primer up so we could start painting the next day.

Elaine's friend, Melissa, came the next day to help us with the painting.

Tom must have asked me a hundred times before we sarted if I was positive the green was the shade I wanted. I was positive it was until we started putting it on the wall and looked a whole lot more yellow than I wanted...

But Yay! It dried darker and good news! It was the exact shade I wanted. The next week my bro-in-law, Damon, came and helped Tom put up the chair rail. After covering up the nail holes and some other touch up we were ready to start putting the crib together.

Gning-Gning (don't know how to spell it, but in Italian the "gn" combonation makes the same sound, like in gnochi, so, there you go) was Tom's right-hand man in putting the crib together. I got to sit near the air conditioning vent and take pictures:)

Tom was afraid he would do a lot of cussing, but it was easier than he thought it would be.

And when he was all done he took a few minutes to imagine the little one he will be tucking in at night in just a few more weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment