So another week has gone by and Elaine keeps on getting bigger and bigger. We are on week 32 I believe, but I have been know to be wrong....just don't tell my wife. We started a hypnobirthing class this past week. All I can say is that it is very interesting. Coming from a mix medical/psychiatric background, I understand the importance of meditation and becoming relaxed, but there is no way you are going to convience me that in 6 classes my wife is going to have a "pain free" delievery...I mean receiving of Josie. I wish I could take a picture of the the dad's faces in this class...we are all either lost in thought, daydreaming, wondering "what the hell", or wishing we were somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice class, but telling these women to think of their cervix as a tuba and the baby will "slide on out"...I think not. Elaine is still wanting the epidural....and who am I to say no. I am very excited for the birth of our daughter because I will be delivering her. My friend, Angela, is a nurse midwife and we go to class together. I was joking around with her one day in class and said I wanted to deliver Josie. She looked at me and said "sure why not." So, Josie, when you read this one day, know that your dad delivered you into this world. I can't wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment