Saturday, July 4, 2009

Over-Exposure




The pregnancy continues. I feel much better overall than the last time we updated this site. Josie and I are both growing by leaps and bounds. I'm not so pleased with my growth, but we are thrilled to know Josie is developing just the way she should. She moves constantly - I'm supposed to be counting her movements for an hour every day; she's supposed to move at least 10 times an hour. I can usually count 10 movements in less than 10 minutes at any time of day. I'm not sure if she wakes me up in the night with her moving, but every time I wake up (usually 3 or 4 times) she is moving. She gets the hicups regularly. And every now and again she has a "freak out session" in which she writhes and wiggles like crazy for several seconds. Earlier this week she had the biggest freak out she has ever had. It lasted 10 or 15 seconds and my tummy was moving in ripples and waves. When we went to our check up this week we found out she had adjusted her position and is now head down. That is apparently part of the work the baby is meant to do in her 30th week and she was right on schedule. A few days early, even. Smart baby. I have not vomited in over 2 months now, which is the improvement I think I am enjoying the most. The fatigue is starting to return and I'm back to feeling like I could sleep all day every day.

Over the course of the past few months I have been exposed to the swine flu numerous times, strep throat at least twice, and the shingles. And despite all the other symptoms I have enjoyed throughout this pregnancy, I have not come down with any of these illnesses. I am at the high end of normal (139 out of 140) for my glucose, so I'm trying to increase my fruit and veggie intake and limit my processed sugars (sad for me - I love sweet things!).

We have approximately 10 weeks left before we will be filling this blog with pictures of Josie!




1 comment:

  1. I love the photos! Only a couple more months and we get to meet Josie!!

    ReplyDelete