Were you a Scooby-Doo fan as a kid?
Do you remember the episodes with famous guest stars,
like The Three Stooges, Mama Cass from Mamas and Papas, and Sunny and Cher?
Right?
And I have distinct memories of the Harlem Globetrotters helping Scooby and the Gang catch the bad guys.
I don’t actually remember the bad guys, but I sure remember those crazy ball players dribbling circles around them!
That Curly – what a card!
Anyway, with those happy childhood memories, ESPN showed a Globetrotter’s game the other morning, which we had Josie sit and watch with us.
She loved it,
of course.
I mean, who doesn’t love a bunch of talented ball players doing zany tricks and silly jokes while the other team tries to play a “serious” game?
Tommy and I enjoyed her laughter so much we decided to look into tickets for the next time the Trotters were in Utah…which happened to be the VERY NEXT NIGHT!
Perfect timing and so much fun!
We didn’t have time to get dinner before the game because of a doctor’s appointment, so we ended up eating stadium food…which Josie enjoyed, and Tommy and I tolerated.
We couldn’t get Josie to watch the actual game on the floor – she just wanted to watch the jumbo screen
Daddy got us some HUGE ice cream cones just before half time
Josie was super excited to try to win some prizes being thrown into the audience…
and super disappointed to learn that there were not enough prizes for everyone.
But when all was said and done, we had an awesome night!

No comments:
Post a Comment