Back in June I took a beginning quilting class with two of my sisters. It was the first time I had used a sewing machine since my eighth grade home economics class in which my teacher offered me extra credit to boost my grade if I would actually wear the items I “created.”
My skills had not improved much over the ensuing years and I was by far the least skilled member of the class.
But, with lots of encouragement from my sisters and lots of self deprecating humor on my part, I managed to make it through the classes…and then over the next several weeks after the class ended, my sisters offered me their assistance and sewing machines and I was able to finish a little wall hanging quilt for Tre’s room:
There are lots and lots of BIG mistakes and puckers. But, I did it!
And since I had accomplished so much I decided to keep my momentum going and another sister offered many hours of her time and expertise to help me make a dress for Josie:
Not nearly as many mistakes (mostly because I had time to rip seam after seam as I messed them up and try again). We made it a little bit too big, thinking that she might be able to wear it next summer as this summer is almost over.
Overall, I am pleased with both finished projects and I’m excited to do more.
The most satisfying part:
How pleased Josie is with her new dress:)

I think you did a great job! And you wouldn't have had to pick out as many seams if your sister had watched less tv and paid more attention! You did it anyway! Way to go Elaine!
ReplyDelete