Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Tulips I Like Best

My mom, sisters and I try to do a Mother-Daughter Day together once a month. For April we visited Thanksgiving Point to see the Tulip Festival.

 

IMG_0192IMG_0193 - CopyIMG_0194 - CopyIMG_0195IMG_0197

Not all my sisters were able to make it, but those of us who were there enjoyed the prettiness.

 

IMG_0199 - CopyIMG_0198IMG_0200 - CopyIMG_0201 - Copy

I heard there are 1/4 to 1/2 million bulbs.

 

IMG_0202IMG_0204IMG_0203

Plus all the other pretty flowers.

 

IMG_0206IMG_0207IMG_0208

But it’s been so cold that many of the flowers haven’t opened yet.

In fact, on the left side of this Italian fountain you can see the tulips open, but on the right side I guess the sun hasn’t gotten to them because none of the bulbs on that side have bloomed yet.

 

IMG_0209IMG_0212IMG_0213

We had a lovely time anyway.

I always have a great time with my family.

 

IMG_0214IMG_0216IMG_0218IMG_0219IMG_0220IMG_0221IMG_0222

1 comment: